A couple of years ago I went from using a compact foundation (powder) to the liquid version. To be honest, I was overwhelmed by the amount of foundations that existed in this world. I started my search for the perfect foundation. Now two years and many brands later, I think I’m pretty close to a perfect foundation. Let me guide you through my foundation-history (Is that even a real thing?)
1. Lancôme – Teint Idole silky mat : Nope, just don’t. A rooky mistake, I admit.
2. Clinique – Superbalanced make-up : Not right for my skin, made it more oily than it was and didn’t last that long.
3. Yves Saint Laurent – Le Teint Touche Éclat BR40. I scored a sample in Harrods, London and I bought my first bottle in Dubai because I was really convinced. It gives you a nice natural feeling on your skin and a minimum of coverage. You can easily layer it for more coverage if you’d like. While there are a lot of different teints available, I never really found the best teint. So I started mixing this foundation with number 4.
4. Clinique – Anti Blemish Solution foundation 02 : The combination of number 3 & 4 made a pretty good coverage and color for my skin. The Clinique one made sure my skin didn’t scream OILY and the YSL made it more balanced.
5. Yves Saint Laurent – Fusion Ink Foundation BR20 : During lunch break I “accidentally” got lost in a cosmetics shop. One of the employees asked me if I wanted to try some YSL make-up and I said NO WAY. Ok, REWIND, of course I said YES. She tried the new foundation from YSL on my skin and I knew I discovered my new favourite. It feels and looks so natural. It becomes one with your skin with a bit more coverage than the Teint Touche Éclat. It has a mattifying effect and stays on your skin for a really long time. You could easily use it during your work-out while it controls the sweating as well. Hello new discovery, I like you, don’t go away EVER, please. 🙂
While looking for a foundation is a hard task, always make sure you find the perfect color for your skin. Take your time for it, ask for samples (my favourite thing to do) and relax. One day you’ll meet the number one, or your number five. 🙂
Do you have any favourite foundations you can’t live without?